Wednesday, April 01, 2009

24 hours deep

It's really not that bad. Hahaha. Okay I've cried once, but it was more getting teary eyed. I've gotten extremely tense a few times, but honestly, I talked myself through it. It is kind of amazing that something I have struggled with for more than half my lifetime is a simple matter of saying..."Okay, I expected to feel this, I can get through it." And just going through it. Where might I have been if I had mastered this skill at say, 21?

Ah well. I'm here now, that' s what matters.

On another note, the if the intensity about wanting a dog was NOT at a fevered pitch a week ago...boy howdy it is now. We watched "Marley and Me" and my boys are now officially insane about it. And I'm about three steps behind them. We are ready for puppy love.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM , Blogger Karly said...

Congrats on 24 hrs! You are doing awesome.

As for the puppy, I can't believe you guys have held out for so long. Did you have to ban all pet stores, TV and walks in the park? I can't imagine holding out on those adorable boys of yours. One flash of those smiles and big eyes would have me giving them 10 puppies. You are a strong mama!

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Go Ei go! You have such an amazing attitude and plan for quitting.

And on the subject of puppies... we totally want pictures when you cave, haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home